Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Getting a tattoo on thursday . . .



It's a design I've worked on for a few years now, combining the words grace and truth. It's an ambigram, which is quiet an ancient art form of combining 2 words into 1.

I'm really excited because I gave it to Amy who took it to the next level artistically. I love how she made the R and A clash like swords — it shows the tension between grace and truth both existing in Christ COMPLETELY at the same time. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

yo! man, would love to come to the states. but for now our Lord has beckoned us to south africa. we trust the He will satisfy our travel-lust though... afterall, He designed it :)

mark driscoll was in brighton the other day. was quite good to listen to him. (im just assuming you know him, haha, because he leads a church in seattle).

yeah, married! woohoo! hehe.
i cant wait to get back to cam and michelle's little one! aaah! how exciting!

belle said...

I LOVE IT !!!! FLIPPIN AMAZING!!!!!
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xo Belles

Cam said...

welcome to the blogosphere :)

That's an awesome tat... I'm so jealous right now! haha :)