Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Kids, the hikers

We took the kids on their first BIG hike, and our first hike without our trusty guide — Betsy's dad. Firstly, the kids did AMAZING!! The hike in was only 2 miles through a valley, not a big deal. The next day we did a 5 mile hike up to Tuck lake - an increase in elevation of 2,000 ft on a tough way trail . . . it took 3 and a half hours. It was tough, and I didn't think the kids would make it, but they did. I was blown away!
We used our new tents and cooking gear for the first time, and loved all of it. We took the dog, Lucy, and she had a ball. It's the first time we actually were able to wear her out!

So, hiking is officially a part of the wallwork's family vacations now. I can't wait to see how the kids do on the next one. We're going to go see an old plane wreckage from WW2 in the Olympics somewhere with Luke and Amy.

No comments: